FAQ for Professional Side
What is Equine Sports Wellness?
The primary objective of any wellness program is to stay ahead of or in pace with the onset of pathology.The primary objective of any wellness program is to stay ahead of or in pace with the onset of pathology. Successful management of equine performance relies on regular visual assessment and early recognition of lameness. With GetSound®, you can assess your patients from anywhere at anytime with little or no investment of time or money. Most importantly, you can help your clients recognize a problem at its outset, before it becomes advanced or chronic in nature. The faster the problem is recognized, the faster you will be able to initiate diagnostic evaluation and treatment. This translates into a better prognosis for the horse and a happier client.
How do I implement a sports wellness program in my practice?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
- Sign-up with GetSound®.
- Let us know your evaluation preferences, such as your availability and which services you would like to offer.
- Invite your clients to participate in your wellness program using our email template that displays your name and logo.
What’s the benefit of telemedical assessment?
Due to the expense and time associated with typical veterinary visits, clients will rarely summon your services unless they are convinced that there is a problem. Since most horse owners and trainers are not trained to identify equine lameness, their horses’ issues tend to be chronic and/or advanced before they are recognized. Meanwhile, your ability to successfully treat the problem decreases in conjunction with the horses’ prognosis for future performance.Due to the expense and time associated with typical veterinary visits, clients will rarely summon your services unless they are convinced that there is a problem. Since most horse owners and trainers are not trained to identify equine lameness, their horses’ issues tend to be chronic and/or advanced before they are recognized. Meanwhile, your ability to successfully treat the problem decreases in conjunction with the horses’ prognosis for future performance. The lack of time, distance and financial restrictions afforded by telemedical assessment allows for regular, rapid and economical veterinary review of equine performance. Problems will be recognized promptly, while treatment may still be highly-effective and in some cases curative.
Who can become a professional evaluator in the GetSound® network?
Any qualifying veterinarian or farrier can offer evaluation services on the network.
- Veterinary evaluators must have a veterinary degree and be currently licensed to practice veterinary medicine.
- Farrier evaluators must be members of the American Association of Professional Farriers in order to participate.
How much does this service cost?
Nothing to start. When you sign-up as a professional evaluator, you can download the app and start evaluating footage for FREE during the first year of membership. After the first year, membership fees resume at the regular rates:
$479/ 5 yrs
Getsound™ also retains a fee for handling the financial transaction associated with each consultation.
Please click HERE for details.
How will GetSound® enhance my practice?
Clients will feel connected to your practice and constantly supported by your staff. They will no longer feel the burden of being solely responsible for recognizing problems in their horses. This will improve the affinity of clients to your practice as well as your reputation in the field of equine sports medicine.
You will realize:
- Increased income. The overhead associated with pre-emptive telemedical assessment is minimal, since this technology is readily available. Moreover, very little time investment is required during video review. The client is charged a fee for your time to review the footage and provide an opinion.
- Increased proficiency at visually assessing lameness. You can review a multitude of videos without the restrictions imposed by distance and time. A setting in which a single examiner can evaluate a large number of subjects has been suggested to be a crucial part of refining one’s subjective diagnostic accuracy. This has been especially helpful when teaching students to visually assess lameness in the horse.
- Increasing your referral basis. The symbiotic relationship afforded by your wellness program increases primary veterinary case involvement, which in turn enhances the professional relationship between practices. By increasing the number of cases you solicit for primary veterinarians, you can increase the number of reciprocating referrals.
- Improved client satisfaction. This system allows clients to stay ahead of the game by staying ahead of performance-limiting problems (hence the term wellness). In the end, each client spends less time dealing with pathology and more time in the saddle. They are accordingly more successful in their endeavors.
How will GetSound® increase my business?
You will have the opportunity to regularly observe horses that would have otherwise gone unchecked. Your assessments will not only generate direct income, but will prompt further diagnostic examination and treatment when applicable. In addition, you will have the opportunity to receive telemedical and on-site referral work from other professionals within the GetSound® network.
How does the GetSound® App work?
The app provides a quick, easy and effective way of evaluating video footage.
For starters, the app will automatically notify you when a member requests your services. Then you can use your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device to make touch-screen mark-ups, visual annotations and verbal comments that are incorporated directly into the video during your review.
Some of the features include:
- STOP MOTION: Record one frame at a time – great for animated drawing and special effects.
- FREEZE FRAME: Keep voice recording while playback is paused – handy for explaining an important aspect of the footage and highlighting relevant anatomy.
- VOICE OVERLAY: Add voice over on top of the video, with mute option and configurable video volume. Verbal remarks made during the review are recorded and comprise a portion of your report.
Once completed, your video commentary will be uploaded back to GetSound® where it can be directly accessed by your client. There’s no messy video file conversions or bulky uploading. It’s all done seamlessly at the tap of your finger.
LEARN MORE about the app
As a GetSound® Evaluator, will I be competing with the horse’s primary caretakers?
One of the primary objectives of the GetSound® service is to unite the services of its professional members.One of the primary objectives of the GetSound® service is to unite the services of its professional members. Your principle function as a professional evaluator is to provide valuable guidance to the horseowner without challenging the positions of the primary caretakers (veterinarian and farrier). Through the evaluation process, you will have the opportunity to refer on-site work to the local professionals in the event that you decide further examination is warranted. GetSound® will notify the appropriate caretakers and send them a copy of your comments for reference. GetSound® takes professional etiquette very seriously, and retains the option to penalize or suspend membership if and when necessary to maintain appropriate conduct between members.
Can I make a diagnosis using GetSound®?
Lameness diagnosis is generally procured using standard on-site modalities (such as flexion testing, local anesthesia, diagnostic imaging, etc.). GetSound® provides you with a supplemental tool that allows for quick and easy visual examination before, during or after the professional visit. This streamlines and simplifies the diagnostic process, but is not intended to confirm a diagnosis.
What if I need assistance during my review?
As part of the sports wellness network, you will have access to other professional GetSound® members 24 hours per day/ 7 days per week/ 365 days per year. This includes both veterinarians and qualified farriers. You will also have access to tutorials and a video library to help in the recognition and characterization of distinctive gait deficits.
What happens when I am not available to review video footage (e.g. when I’m on vacation)?
You can update your current availability from anywhere at anytime in your User Preferences. Clients summoning your services will be notified of your current status upon consultation request. Professionals that have intermittent availability may want to outline typical hours of operation in their biographical information.
Why does each client have a limit on the number of video clip submissions affiliated with the annual subscription packages?
The ease and speed associated with the GetSound® consultation process can make use of the service addictive for many clients. For those that use one or two professionals to handle all of their consultations, the submission limit helps to prevent excessive exploitation of a single professional’s time and energy.
How do I know when a consultation has been completed?
You, as the professional evaluator, decide when the dialogue has concluded and the service has been fully-rendered. Simply check “Completed” when you’re done. Your client will receive a notification indicating that the consultation has been satisfied.
How do I notify clients that I am offering a sports wellness program for their horses?
GetSound® will invite your clients to participate in your sports wellness program via email. The personalized message will contain your name, your logo and your list of available GetSound® services.
How does the Evaluator Promotion Program work?
Professionals who complete a designated number of consultations and maintain an average review score of 3.5/5 or higher will be eligible for promotion.Professionals who complete a designated number of consultations and maintain an average review score of 3.5/5 or higher will be eligible for promotion.
- BRONZE Members must complete 25 consultations and maintain an average score of 3.5/ 5 or higher.
- SILVER Members must complete 50 consultations and maintain an average score of 3.5/ 5 or higher.
- GOLD Members must complete 100 consultations and maintain an average score of 3.5/ 5 or higher.
With each promotion, the evaluator will have the opportunity to adjust his/ her fee schedule accordingly.
Can I adjust my service prices?
Services prices are regulated in order to maintain consistency among professional evaluators and provide the clients with comparable options for review.Services prices are regulated in order to maintain consistency among professional evaluators and provide the clients with comparable options for review. Notwithstanding, members that are promoted through the GetSound® Evaluator Promotion Program will have the option to increase their service prices accordingly.
How do I get paid for my services?
Fees for services rendered are automatically deposited into your GetSound® account. From there, you can transfer the funds to your financial/ bank account(s) of choice.