Effective Date: 1 January 2019
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Clients (anyone utilizing the GetSound.com platform to request services to be performed by a Professional) or Professionals (any individual user, groups of associated individual users, associations, practices or companies utilizing the GetSound.com platform to offer services to Clients). Professionals may also operate as a Corporation (a legally-recognized entity with the ability to hire and/or contract) with Clients and other Professionals.
1.1 INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US
Personal Information. In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Professional), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
Health Information of the Animal. GetSound.com is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your animal’s health information which may be used to identify the animal (such as name, breed, and age), and that relates to (a) your animal’s past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, (b) the provision of health care to your animal, or (c) your past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care applied to your animal. While conducting business, GetSound.com may receive and create records containing your animal’s health information. GetSound.com is required by law to maintain the privacy of your animal’s health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your animal’s health information.
Payment Information. If you use the GetSound Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
Identity Verification. We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
General Audience Service. The GetSound Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will employ reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that GetSound.com has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but GetSound.com will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Collection of the Third Party Personal Information. We collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or friends: First, last name and email address when you provide it to us for the purpose of adding your contacts to a message room.
1.2 INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THIRD PARTIES
1.3 INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED FROM USERS
We and our third party service providers, including analytics and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the GetSound Service. This information may include, among other information, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, information about the way you use the GetSound.com App, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Service, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to the Service, areas within the Service that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access the Service. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the Service, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the GetSound Service.
The technology used to collect information automatically from GetSound.com Users may include the following:
- Web Beacons. We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on the GetSound Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how GetSound.com Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links on which you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the GetSound Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
1.4. INFORMATION NOT COLLECTED FROM USERS
The GetSound.com App does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
1.5 HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, GetSound.com does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
1.6 CONSULTATION HISTORY
As part of the GetSound Service, we collect information about a Client’s submitted documents and a Professional’s work within each Service Contract. This feature is known as Consultation History. Consultation History may include information provided by the Professional, such as a memo or commentary, as well as automatically gathered information about the work and images comprising each consultation. Only those Users that have downloaded the GetSound app through the GetSound.com Site will be able to participate in the Telemedical Consultation Service and have access to Consultation History.
We will share information contained in Consultation History with the relevant Client and with any manager or administrator of any applicable Professional Corporation. GetSound.com may use general information from Consultation History for statistical analysis, product development, marketing and research.
1.7 USER PROFILES
You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, video clips, examples of your work, information on work previously performed via the GetSound Service and outside of the GetSound Service, skills, tests taken, test scores, promotions, pay rates, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all GetSound.com Users. You may edit certain information in your Profile via your account. Professionals may also have the opportunity to create a Corporate Profile. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.8 COMMUNITY FORUMS
The GetSound Service may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features and through other communication functionality (“Community Forums”). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post questions, comments, or other content (collectively, “User Forum Content”). Please note that certain information, such as your name and Profile may be publicly displayed on the GetSound.com Site along with your User Forum Content. Please note that your use of Community Forums is subject to the GetSound.com Forum Rules and our Terms of Service.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will inform you that we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the GetSound.com Site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.10 CONSULTATION LISTINGS THROUGH THE SERVICE
If you choose to post a consultation listing on the GetSound.com Site as a Client, the contents of such listing will be viewable publicly, unless you designate the listing as only viewable as private using the settings available on the applicable website. Consultation listings include information such as budget, location, the Client’s Consultation History, the names of other Professionals performing work for the Client, Client feedback, rating information and timing of project performance.
1.12 EMAILS TO FRIENDS AND REFERRAL PROGRAM
GetSound.com lets you send consultation postings to friends via email. GetSound.com also offers the ability to send friends emails about providing or purchasing services through the GetSound Service. If you choose to use either feature, your friend’s email address will be used to send the requested posting and your email address will be used to copy you on the message to your friend or to send the message on your behalf. GetSound.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
1.13 SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
You may register to join the GetSound.com Site directly via the GetSound Service or by logging into your account with a third party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Service (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn and other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with the GetSound Service to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with the GetSound Service to your account with an SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and GetSound.com is not responsible for it.
The GetSound Service also may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating GetSound.com to pay any fees or making GetSound.com subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your GetSound.com account and your SNS account at any time though the “Settings” section of our Service. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your GetSound.com account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
2. USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
2.1 WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To provide and improve the GetSound Service, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid and for compliance and internal business purposes.
- To contact you with administrative communications and GetSound.com newsletters, marketing or promotional materials (on behalf of GetSound.com or third parties) and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the Your Choices and Opting-Out section (below).
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the GetSound.com Site and elsewhere online.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To assess your proposal to perform telemedical consultation for GetSound.com and prepare related governmental and internal statistics reports.
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of GetSound.com or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify GetSound.com Users.
UNLESS YOU REQUEST THAT WE DELETE CERTAIN INFORMATION (SEE CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT BELOW), WE RETAIN THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS AND MAY RETAIN THE INFORMATION FOR AS LONG AS NEEDED FOR OUR BUSINESS AND LEGAL PURPOSES.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- Information about Professionals Shared with Clients and Corporations. We share information regarding Professionals working on a Client consultation, including information in Consultation History, with Clients. Note that if a Professional is suspended from the GetSound.com Service, we may share that information with Clients for whom that Professional has worked or applied for work. We may also share information with Corporations with whom Professionals are associated for a particular telemedical consultation. If you choose to apply for work as a Professional via the GetSound Service, we will share information relevant to your application with the applicable Client(s), including, but not limited to, the information contained in your Professional Profile.
- Information about Clients and Corporations Shared with Professionals. If you have entered into a service contract with another user, we may provide him/her with your name, company address, billing address, or tax ID or VAT number in order to complete the transaction or to facilitate the resolution of a claim or dispute. The user receiving your information is not allowed to use it for purposes unrelated to the transaction, such as to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have expressly consented to it.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the GetSound Service on our behalf, to perform GetSound Service-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of GetSound.com’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes.com will share information with government agencies as required by law, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of dasWächter Inc., GetSound.com, or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify GetSound.com Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- Internal and Business Transfers. com may share information, including Personal Information, with its parent company dasWächter Inc., subsidiaries, and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
GetSound.com works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on the GetSound.com Site, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting the GetSound.com Site; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the GetSound Service and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the GetSound.com Site as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the GetSound.com Site or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with the services they provide to us.
While we may use a variety of service providers to perform advertising services, some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may want to visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You may also want to visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and offers an “opt-out” by participating companies in the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising, and you will continue to receive generic ads while online.
5. YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT
Registered GetSound.com Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the GetSound Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
It should be noted that registered GetSound.com Users who access the GetSound Service by using a GetSound mobile application may receive push notifications. Similarly, registered GetSound.com Users who access the GetSound Service by using certain desktop browsers may also receive push notifications.
You can opt-out of GetSound.com App use and the associated collection of information by uninstalling it. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
Upon request GetSound.com will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting GetSound.com through your online account. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the GetSound.com Site or Service. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so through the GetSound.com Site (once you logged in, visit settings/ user settings, and then click on the close my account link). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on the Service even if you close your account, including information in your Consultation History and messages you posted on the GetSound.com Site. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete all information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the GetSound.com Site. Bear in mind that neither you nor GetSound.com can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the GetSound.com Site.
GetSound.com takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about GetSound.com Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our GetSound.com Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, GetSound.com cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
GetSound.com protects personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The GetSound.com Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
10. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to GetSound.com. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be GetSound.com, please report it by sending an email to email@example.com.
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
13. USER CONSENT
14. CONTACTING US